Sunday, November 29, 2015

A (Partially) Fictional Story About a Dead Phone

If anyone is reading this, send help.  I took a train trying to get to Montclair State University but unbeknownst to me the train stops 5 stops short of the campus on the weekends so I had to download the Uber app using 3G Internet and it left my iPhone 4 (yes 4 not 4s) at 5% battery, I forgot my charger, and I'm afraid it's going to die before I get to campus.  I know it's a piece of archaic technology and most people probably don't even remember what the charger for the iPhone 4 looks like (it's the same charger that works with your iPod Video), but if you're reading this, I need your help.  If my phone dies I'm sure I'm gonna miss the email about our grades on the stats quiz and I was expecting a call from my dad later and you know how he gets when I don't answer his calls. so please if you can meet me-

Okay sorry about that, my phone died but it's okay because I found a charging station outside a classroom on the Montclair campus so this should keep me going for a while. My phone's already at 7% and climbing so I should be fine for the rest of the night... Shit all my friends are waiting for me so we can leave to go out to dinner, uhhh we'll be at Chevy's Fresh Mex on NJ route 3 if anyone reads this and has an iPhone 4 charge I can borrow! Crap it's about to-

Wow what a night.  It's Sunday afternoon now and i just made it back to my room in Hoboken but it wasn't easy let me tell you.  First off my phone died before I could instagram or snapchat a single picture of me and my friends at dinner, and when a song I liked came on the radio but I couldn't remember the artist I had to ask my friends to use shazam for me.  I couldn't even set an alarm for the morning so I'm amazed I woke up on time.  Worst of all the train ride was a nightmare because I couldn't listen to music and this family had 4 small children who wouldn't stop running around screaming and giggling trying to hit each-others butts.  The dad seemed completely oblivious to his obnoxious children.  When I finally made it to the Hoboken station I realized I was incredibly hungry but the water main burst in closed most of my favorite restaurants so I had to walk all the way to 10th street to find out that Asia was closed and back tracked to Vito's.  I really wish somebody would have read my post and helped out but it's fine now I'm plugged in and I won't make the mistake of forgetting my charger when I leave home any time soon...

Hey it's me again, does anybody live near NJIT or know somebody who goes here who might have an iPhone 4 charger?

No comments:

Post a Comment