Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ancient Aliens -- really??

Sometimes when it's late at night and I can't fall asleep at home, I'll find a TV show on the History Channel (I think) called Ancient Aliens.  If you've never heard of it or watched it, I highly suggest you watch at least 15 minutes of one of the episodes.  It's so entertaining and there's a great meme of one of the guys who is always appearing on the show, convinced that every piece of history can be attributed to aliens.  So much so that I even think he once claimed it could be possible for Jesus to have been an alien (my mother was not too happy that was broadcasted on television).
  Anyway, some of the somewhat preposterous theories they present on the show are actually pretty interesting.  Whether it's weird heiroglyphics on the Pyramids of Giza depicting things in the sky or ancient drawings/documents with a diagram of an accurate electrical circuit, it always makes me think about ancient history.  While I think about the possibility of ancient technology being lost in the past, I always hope there aren't (too many) people who actually believe that aliens were the cause of all of our history.
  In our class earlier this week, the subject of our minds was brought up.  The class was discussion that one change in evolution that made humans superior to all other animals in terms of consciousness, awareness, "being," morality, etc.  While I was sitting in my seat, all I could think of is that Ancient Aliens would absolutely say aliens were the root of the cause.  I'll conclude this short blog with something I found on the internet a while back:

Elementary School: Here's a basic understanding of history and how the world works.

High School: Actually, that's not quite right.  Everything is actually a whole lot more complicated than that.

College: EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRRROOONNNNGGGG.

History Channel: Aliens

No comments:

Post a Comment