Thursday, November 27, 2014

dream pad



Trouble sleeping at night? You may need to try out the dream pad. It is basically a pillow that you can pump sound into through any device with a normal audio jack. The pillow keeps the sound low enough so that only the person on that pillow can hear it, and it will not affect the person you’re sharing the bed with.  There are certain ways to sleep though, as you can feel some of the electronics in the pillow. It’s essentially aimed for the side sleeper, however, you get the best sound quality lying face down, and the least sound from laying face up.
The pillow costs 179 dollars, which seems pricey to me for a pillow, but I guess for the people who really struggle to fall asleep and need some other form of aid, I guess it’s worth it in the long run. Me personally, I would not buy a pillow for that much money, that’s absurd, I would just stick with my old habits of alcohol to help me pass out. But everyone’s different and not everyone drinks alcohol, and wouldn’t mind spending 179 dollars for a pillow.
There are also some android and iOS apps that work with the pillow as well. Basically, there are five different music programs that are designed to guide you into a slumber. The sound programs repeat for two hours, but that can be overridden so you can play them as long as you want.
I don’t think this will catch on with a ton of people. I know people value their sleep, but of the older generation of people (my parents ages), I would say most don’t own smart phone or technology that would work with this pillow. I know my parents don’t, my dad doesn’t even have a cell phone. So if the target market isn’t older generation, I doubt the youth will buy a lot of these, because we barely sleep (or at least I do), since we are always out partying or doing work. I’ll go on record and say I absolutely will not be buying this product, and can’t see much success stemming from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment