Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Social Alarm Clock

My biggest problem as I entered Stevens Institute of Technology was waking up. Alarms appear to have no affect on me and my parents have trouble trying to wake me up at times. There is an app for the iPhone and Android phones called Wakie. It was launched in 2011, and finally made its way to the App Store after a reported nine month wait. It already has 1.5 million users in 80 countries. It's nicknamed the "social alarm clock" and "a friendly community of people who wake each other up in the morning".

Wakie's CEO and cofounder said that there was research that after one minute talk to a stranger wakes up the brain with a 99% guarantee. I actually have this app on my Samsung Galaxy phone  during every exam week. The most effective calls seem to be when a girl wakes me. I try to focus and try to act nice. If a guy calls it becomes awkward and our conversation is short. Either way, I awake enough to get out of bed and start my day.

There is a creep factor when a guy wakes people up for fun by breathing weird and making weird remarks but it does it's job. I've used this app for the past year and I would recommend it to anyone. Maybe not my sister.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/tech/mobile/wakie-alarm-stranger/index.html

1 comment:

  1. They will complete the work using total integrity in addition to perseverance, the real thing . attachment associated with belief in addition to confidence is additionally maintained by means of these individuals during the entire course of action.

    Click Here:
    packers and movers pune
    packers and movers in pune
    movers and packers pune
    movers and packers in pune

    ReplyDelete